Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Self reflection on the board.  (Read 2836 times)

Kata'lina

• SilverTail Den Mother
  • Administrator
  • Here to stay
  • KewtKittieKarma: 309
  • Obey the Kewt. All hail teh floof!
    • Furrie Haven
Self reflection on the board.
« on: September 30, 2009, 12:07 PM »

Such an odd thing huh? ^_^

Well I've been giving a lot of thoughts about things lately. And I've come to realize I owe all of you an apology.

Allow me to explain myself a bit.  You see, my whole life has been spent Not being allowed to express myself in any way. As such it's become well a part of me. So...even when someone is a total ass, i go well out of my way...grasping straws even to find the good in them. Sounds noble right? In a way it is, until you realize in a few people..that's just not possible.

However it did help me create something special for this board. Because it meant I could be something a lot of admins are not able to be for any number of reasons.  Now, I have had a new life for the past 15 months. A life I've never experienced before. Part of that, is being allowed to express myself, my thoughts, and my inner snark.

Sometimes...that also includes being easily agitated, annoyed, and snippy.

I don't like this.  It's been brought to my attention that I have been this way towards some of the members. That instead of stepping back like I used to, I would jump down thier throats. Did they deserve it? Well... I don't know really. It's not for me to decide.  I used to be better than that. 

What I've come to learn, is while it's good that i can express myself and allow myself these new emotions, I cannot allow it to rule me like it has been. And as such being showed on the board. I don't want to lose what I've worked so hard in creating. All because I have a new lease on life.

So, my applogy goes out to all of you. for not being as attentive as I could have been, for being snippy, snarky, bitchy, or as some may have suggested, pmsing.

I will endeavor to bring back what this board is all about. Because i don't want this to be like any other forum. It's suppose to be more than just that.

So, I thank you for sticking with me through all of this, and I hope we can make this place grow and be the kind, helpful, fun, loving, open place it once was.

So....whatya say? .....Friends?
I exist to think of things that you didn't think has been thought of yet.

Check out da Kitty Artz

I'm his mew, and he's my rawr.
Love is work, it's not all flowers cotton candy and bondage
>^.ָ.^<

Roo Fursworth

• I am a PC and a furry engineer
  • Here to stay
  • KewtKittieKarma: 144
  • Out in the big'ol world naio
    • My Furaffinity Page
Re: Self reflection on the board.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 02:25 PM »

i must say i like it when you're open honest and quite frank  ^.^

its refreshing to see people that are not afraid to tell it how it is and voice their honest opinion.

thats how i am :p if people dont like it.. too bad lol they can leave thier complaints with the right Dept. xD

Mish

• fluffy!
  • Global Moderator
  • Rawr!
  • KewtKittieKarma: 507
  • old steam trains and coffee cup stains
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 04:28 PM »

Personally I didn't even notice, I've always thought you're just lovely ^_^

Well, thank you, but don't forget that sometimes a bit of snip is good- if it's how you feel, you shuldn't not have to say it. Just have a delicate balance. :)

I hope we can make this place grow and be the kind, helpful, fun, loving, open place it once was.

I thought it always has been. =^_^=  :kewtkitty:
"But I don't want to go among mad people!"

"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here.
You may have noticed I'm not quite all there myself."

Kata'lina

• SilverTail Den Mother
  • Administrator
  • Here to stay
  • KewtKittieKarma: 309
  • Obey the Kewt. All hail teh floof!
    • Furrie Haven
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 05:01 PM »

Awww thank you :) Oh don't get me wrong Roo, Honest i'll Always be. And Open as well. Perhaps a bit of snark for good measure. But there's a difference between being that, and doing that without cause.

This does not mean i'll Change..it simply means that i'll be more responcible ;)

Aww Mish that's very sweet. But I have noticed a change...it's not quite the way i wante it to be. And well.. in light of certain things that occured Today [RIP] I want to show my appreciation to the members here more.

but..if all of you will forgive me. I won't be about for a day or so. need a break.
I exist to think of things that you didn't think has been thought of yet.

Check out da Kitty Artz

I'm his mew, and he's my rawr.
Love is work, it's not all flowers cotton candy and bondage
>^.ָ.^<

Mish

• fluffy!
  • Global Moderator
  • Rawr!
  • KewtKittieKarma: 507
  • old steam trains and coffee cup stains
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 09:35 AM »

Aww Mish that's very sweet. But I have noticed a change...it's not quite the way i wante it to be. And well.. in light of certain things that occured Today [RIP] I want to show my appreciation to the members here more.

but..if all of you will forgive me. I won't be about for a day or so. need a break.

Completely understandable, you should take as long as you need. *hugs*
"But I don't want to go among mad people!"

"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here.
You may have noticed I'm not quite all there myself."
Pages: [1]   Go Up