Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chew Fox ban  (Read 4215 times)

Roo Fursworth

• I am a PC and a furry engineer
  • Here to stay
  • KewtKittieKarma: 144
  • Out in the big'ol world naio
    • My Furaffinity Page
Re: Chew Fox ban
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 08:24 PM »

ok.

i have looked into this thing.. and actually it could of been a LOT worse.

Chewfox did try to first highlight the facts, like the whole inner animal thing.. and the art.
she did say that fursuiters go to public events in their suits.

but its the fault of the Tyra banks show, who took the sex in fursuits thing and highlighted that.
it would of been nice if Chewfox said that a small amount of furries are suiters and an even smaller amount of us actually have sex in the suits xD

but other then that she did an ok job

greybrother

• Here to stay
  • KewtKittieKarma: 81
  • It settles at the bottom, unless you shake it up.
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 08:29 PM »

Ah HA! ... *shakes head* You know, I actually suspected as much in the back of my mind. That'll mean Chew Fox certainly doesn't deserve the volume of venom being lobbed her way, but it damn sure proves we still can't trust the fucking media. She probably just should've stayed away from it, but hey.. *shrugs*

Roo Fursworth

• Here to stay
    • My Furaffinity Page
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2009, 08:35 PM »

Chew Fox certainly doesn't deserve the volume of venom being lobbed her way.

no. she didnt.

and i concider myself, at times a mean guy *chuckles* most of the time the mob is right.
the masses are normally rather switched on.

but alas, in my opinion THIS TIME the fandom as a group took it the wrong way.

Billy

• *waggles*
  • Hunting for prey
  • KewtKittieKarma: 2
  • Woof!
    • My Weasyl
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 02:19 AM »

I am to lazy to read every thing posted but has any one ever just asked who the fuck cares? I mean honestly. Why did she even get baned? For saying people fuck in suits? To ban her said NO ONE fucks in them and I sure know I would and I think a few peeps on this forum would too. So to ban them was like baning some one for telling a dirty secret that every one already knew... Sorry if this is a bit angry sounding. I am a bit drunk right now and sudently this all just pissed me off  :angry:

greybrother

• Here to stay
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 02:35 AM »

She was banned because there was an enormous influx of flaming in the wake of her appearance on the show which threatened to crash FA, as I understand it.

Anyway, it turns out she did at least Mention that not All furs are Only in it for the fursuiter sex, but the show decided to focus exclusively on the sex. Again.

Roo Fursworth

• Here to stay
    • My Furaffinity Page
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 12:54 PM »

Anyway, it turns out she did at least Mention that not All furs are Only in it for the fursuiter sex, but the show decided to focus exclusively on the sex. Again.

exactly.
but the fandom majority didnt see this so came down on her like a tonne of bricks.

Seth C Triggs

• The Tech Guy
  • Administrator
  • Fast fingered Furry
  • KewtKittieKarma: 71
  • Not a mod!
    • Buddies in Big Places webcomic
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2009, 01:38 PM »

The fandom overreacted, wanted to get completely butthurt I suppose, and wanted to take it out on Chewfox.

The big picture is that nobody who matters is even going to care who Chewfox is. "Furry perverts!" are old meme. People need to just relax and enjoy furry. They need to stop with the whole "I'm better than you because I'm not a pervert!" "I'm better than you because I'm sexual!" dick-measuring contests and just enjoy Furry in their own way.

-Seth
Visit the BiBP Webcomic - http://www.bibp.com

Kata'lina

• SilverTail Den Mother
  • Administrator
  • Here to stay
  • KewtKittieKarma: 309
  • Obey the Kewt. All hail teh floof!
    • Furrie Haven
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 04:17 PM »

Seth is right. At this point now, I kinda feel bad for them both.  None of us were there, so we really don't know what happened. And yes the fandom, did indeed overeact. Which sadly seems to be a common theme.

I would ask why that is, but I already know. And that's one of the things I can't say i'm to proud about with the fandom. BUT I can say that thankfully not everyone is like that. ^_^
I exist to think of things that you didn't think has been thought of yet.

Check out da Kitty Artz

I'm his mew, and he's my rawr.
Love is work, it's not all flowers cotton candy and bondage
>^.ָ.^<

Paul Shep

• Da Shepster!
  • Fast fingered Furry
  • KewtKittieKarma: 6
  • A G-Shep
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 07:59 PM »

The idea is old, that I agree with, Seth.

But the biggest problem with the fandom is the DRAMA. I hate the drama, and it's unnecessary. If I want something to change on the fandom, it's to eliminate the drama. Because banning Chew fox was the wrong way to go, because she didn't do anything that offended anyone directly on FA.

I moved on quickly, and everyone should too. This image of our fandom is old to be angry at.
I make it to the fence in 2.4 seconds. Can you? (C) Verein fuer Deutsche Schaeferhunde

greybrother

• Here to stay
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2009, 03:30 AM »

Ehh, the fandom is the only thing some furs have, so they care about it an awful lot. *shrugs* But yeah, whatever, Nothing's going to change the mainstream's view of us for the better any time soon anyway so we may as well just be the best furs we can be and enjoy it.

Seth C Triggs

• The Tech Guy
  • Administrator
  • Fast fingered Furry
  • KewtKittieKarma: 71
  • Not a mod!
    • Buddies in Big Places webcomic
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2009, 10:26 AM »

Ehh, the fandom is the only thing some furs have, so they care about it an awful lot. *shrugs* But yeah, whatever, Nothing's going to change the mainstream's view of us for the better any time soon anyway so we may as well just be the best furs we can be and enjoy it.

That's the best advice though Grey. Know why? Because of the first part of what you've said.

It is that very reason that makes furries such an attractive target for withering hatred and criticism. It is fun to poke furries because it really is all some have. There are a lot of cruel people out there that take delight in people's pain. And some of the most convenient pain you can dish out is to insult someone online, or attack someone you feel is weaker than you.

So this is why, until something else comes along, people will always pick on Furries.

Now here's the thing...I believe people need to participate in furry because they like it, not have it predicated on the approval of others. There are always going to be things that are disliked by others out there. So why not be the best fur you can be, and indulge in what you like?

-Seth
Visit the BiBP Webcomic - http://www.bibp.com

greybrother

• Here to stay
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2009, 03:00 PM »

*nods* That's very true. Though at the same time, I always like the idea of continuing to feel out people and groups of people who can understand and accept furs as we really are, rather than just accepting that so many people hate us or find us ridiculous based largely on the misconceptions. furrydom generally is a fandom with such a tragic lack of self esteem, I think it does us good any time we find out we can be understood and appreciated from the outside exactly as we are, rather than letting the misconceptions stand.

Obviously though, this is something that happens slowly and carefully as we go. It's a matter of shifting consciousness, and as it becomes more accepted to understand and.. accept us, more furs will begin to also understand they don't need to feel universally hated. Believe me, that's a great feeling. *hugs furries*

But! One of the best ways to allow that to happen is simply to enjoy all furrydom has to offer, and to be furry and proud. :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up